Monday 18 October 2010

Uh-oh... it's my first teaching lesson!

Aye, tomorrow morning, first thing with year 7s! Now what my school does which a lot of other schools don't do is NOT have registration first thing in the morning and instead, the pupils go straight to lesson 1 - hundreds of pupils all waiting to tell their friends what was on TV last night, what they think of Liverpool FC this year, have they done their homework, does Billy fancy Lily, blah blah blah. Sounds like the time of day when a phone jammer is gold dust to you - nice one Kevin!

My lecture tomorrow is going to be on e-safety; how to use the Internet, what info must you not give out etc and firstly, the children will be discussing in pairs, how they would go about using chatrooms safely. I'm thinking I'll kick the lesson off casually, quizzing them on emails and their favourite social networks, and eventually moving on to talking about the simple precautions they take and how parents help ensure their child's safe use of the Internet.

Am looking forward to the challenge but may have to get a few notecards ready as I could end up teaching for 45 minutes! Still, another lesson, my first observation from my mentor, another bit of evidence for the standards folder. Bring it on I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment